Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Years Eve

I have always wondered why people relate new year eve to Drink and Dance only… if not all .. lot of us do think that ways.. for me it has always been house party with friends ..

Last year I was in Canada for the new year eve and it was very different .. we went to this pub and listened to this rock music in which I hardly could understand anything.. lol.

This year for some reason I wanted to be alone on new year eve…. But at the same time didn’t want to sit at home…. Anyone who knows about Mumbai will be thinking “being out of home and wanting to be alone without many people around u.. is never possible in Mumbai” … that’s true..

My evening started with a Maggi preparation … (wonder if this will count on those Maggi moments) … then I drove on bike to Marine drive .. closest and best place to be at… 2 strange THINGS happened to me that evening .. will tell u .. read on..
Went to Sukh Sagar which has one of the best “Idli Chutni” preps, enjoyed that.. they give unlimited chutni and nice warm idli which will melt in ur mouth. ..

1.First THING:
I walked to the near by Café Coffee day (one of my fav places to be when I am alone).. surprisingly it was quiet with not many people,, started reading news paper and sipping coffee (Devils Own)… As I was reading MID DAY, one girl came n

Girl: “I am really sorry to disturb u , but can I sit here n talk to u for a min.. actually my friend gave me a dare” I was thinking to my self “ yaar ye mere saath pehli baar ho raha hain” ..
Silly Me: “ uummmm ok “
(Silence for 30 seconds)
Very Silly Me: “What do u do?”
Girl: “ I am doing CA final, what abt u?”
Proud Me: “ I work.. I have done my engg then worked for few years in india and UAE.. (saying UAE much louder than India).. then went for my MBA in “CANADA”.. (calling Canada loudest of 3)
Girl: “Nice, I have a cuz in Canada bla bla..”
(Me still feeling proud abt Canada)
Girl Again: “I guess u r expecting someone”
Me: “ No actually I am on my own”
Girl: “Oh that’s nice way of celebrating new years eve”
Me: “ Yes quiet n peaceful” (smiling but thinking not sure if I shld feel good abt being alone or bad..

She wished new year and went off and I went back to my news paper..




2.Second THING:

After I came out of CCD I still didn’t want to go home… had heard of some nice fireworks around Trident hotel on marine drive so I decided to drive there.. as I was driving I got stuck in the traffic..
Once when I saw on my side there was a car with two girls in the front seat. The girl who was driving looked at me and smiled… I felt kinda awkward .. I just looked around and away.. then I saw in their direction again..
This time the girl driving and the one next to her both were giggling and looking at me.. .. … as traffic eased I went ahead .. and they came n stopped their car just on my side… it was now getting weird..
Going forward whenever I would move ahead in my lane and they wld be fall back.. she would keep honking the car in front … (which I assumed meant she wanted to come forward n keep her car on my side… guys am I thinking right?.. atleast that’s what I thought.) Well this went on for some stretch of marine drive….. something like this had never happened to me before..


Well after reaching trident .. I parked and walked alone on marine drive.. and an amazing painting exhibition put up there.. on the walk way.. I wana share some of those pics..

Have a year 2010 full of smiles

Rahul


Nuclear Power Station at Saint Laurent Nouan on the Loire river, France








Tulip fields near Lisse, Amsterdam Region, Netherlands



Justify Full

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Paintings, there must have been some more in your camera. A new year spent with different. Guy you need a lady, to prevent you from monotony and isolation.. :P :P
on funny note : A guy chased by girl and such reactions... lol couldn't understand (Must be some chemical imbalance in you, ofcourse) although these must be one of your proud moments, and boosted more confidence and attitude in you :P
Happy New year to you too , have fun!

Rahul Choube said...

mr/miss anonymous ..lol.. thanks for the appreciation.. first of all thanks for readin my blog.. its been ages.. people have visited this webpage.. lol.. dont think its chemical locha in my mind.. its just the way i am.. but yes proud moments to boost confidence :)... dont girls add more to the probs?..lol.. my married frens might echo.. they force the guy to look for isolation.. isnt it?

Anonymous said...

so u are already planning for an isolation, or ur wife is forcing u in?? :P

Vikram said...

ab to tu CCD akela hi jayega :)
muze to lagta hai ki bhagvaan se raha nahi gaya aur akhir usane teri sun li .. ab aise accidents/incidents hote rahenge tere sath :)

Rahul Choube said...

@Anonymous : haha i got no wife.. but i am planning for that kinda isolation.. lol..

@Vikram: CCD main sirf coffee milti hain bache...aur kuch nai.. ;).. wo to bus ek signal tha shayad.. bhagwan ka..

Vikram said...

arre 'First THING' ka end kuch incomplete laga ( well ofcourse I m not expected some hollywood scene thr) , still thodasa adhura laga , ya tu kuch chhupa raha hai ? ya to fir vo ladki chor thi , tera wallet check kiya na ki khushi ke mare tu phoola nahi samaya aur wallet ke bare me bhul gaya ?? :)))

Anubhuti Sharma said...

Gr8 blog..!!
A Nu Yrz Eve unlike d usual..
I spent it alone too n i feel itz k to spend tym alone..infact itz funn..
i wnt fr a walk alone, bought small servings of my fav junk, came bk home spoke to my fren, watched movies and whn d clock struck 12 called up family & frenzz n wished 'em..it ws a quiet, solitary but happie celebration...
But u noe wat..i envy ur celebration..walk at d marine drive..mahnnn thtz sumfin tht i soo wanna go fr...i soo wish i ws der fr nu yrz..
bt..attention frm females n tht too twice n u jus ignored 'em...thtz strange..i mean if acc to ur fren god ws givin ya a signal y dn ya go fr it..i mean if nufin else its gud to mk nu 'frenz'.. ;)

..neways..luvd d blog n luvd d pichaaz too.. :)

Rahul Choube said...

@vikram, nai yaar kuch nai chupa raha.. she was not a chor for sure... mera wallet sahi salamat tha.. khush to main hua tha.. demand dekh ke.. lol..

@ Anubhuti, thanks for the nice comments n also sharing ur new years eve..which was ur fav junk? MacD? And yes i echo u on the Marine Drive thing.. its one of the best places in the world :).. and u know i already have so many friends.. it will be awesome if i am able to keep in touch with all of them atleast :)

Anubhuti Sharma said...

heheh..ur welcome..i love commentin on ur blogs..they r real interestin..

my fav junk includes Mc Grill n ice tea frm McD, Roasted chicken sub frm Subway, pasta arabiaata frm pizza hut n choco chip muffin frm Costa..Yummm..!! had small serving of each.. :)

As far as d marine drive thing is concerned i still 'Envy' u fr tht..i'll b der soon to xperience d fun myself.. :P
last thin..um sure u hv tonz of frenz n u able to tk out tym fr em..(hp ya hv tym whn um der in mumbai..)..but der aint ne harm in makin nu frenz.. wot say..?? ;)